ABOUT PADI PRO ASSISTANT INSTRUCTOR COURSE
PADI PRO ASSISTANT INSTRUCTOR
Not ready to become an Instructor just yet? Take the PADI Assistant Instructor Course! Would you like to earn money from your hobby or just start a new carrier and forget about the 9 till 5 office job? These courses give you the opportunity to learn the necessary skills to be able to work with students, lead dives, get experience on boats and much more in a fun and exciting environment; maybe get a fulltime job somewhere in the tropics or during the weekends here, in California waters.
Ocean Adventures is a premier PADI 5 Star IDC Dive Center in the Los Angeles area. We are totally self-contained, fully equipped, dedicated to diver training and setting very high standards in customer service. All diver training is done to PADI’s 5* level. Divers and instructor candidates can be sure that their training will be done at the highest standard.
Want to learn SCUBA for FREE? Ask about FREE Scuba certification with total equipment purchase!
PADI PRO ASSISTANT INSTRUCTOR
The PADI Assistant Instructor program provides PADI Divemasters, and those certified to leadership levels with other diver training organizations, with additional training as instructional assistants and dive educators. This program builds upon your abilities to organize and supervise dive activities, while concentrating on developing teaching skills.
You’ll not only gain additional experience as a PADI Professional but you’ll also start learning the PADI System of diver education. As a PADI Assistant Instructor, you’ll be able to act as an instructional assistant, assume limited teaching responsibilities.
*$1250 Training starts anytime upon request.
Frequently Asked Questions
WHAT CAN A PADI ASSISTANT INSTRUCTORS DO?
- Teach academic presentations under the indirect supervision of a PADI Instructor
- Evaluate Open Water Diver surface skills under the indirect supervision of a PADI Instructor
- Teach the PADI Peak Performance Buoyancy Specialty course
- Teach Project AWARE Specialty courses
- Conduct PADI Discover Scuba experiences
- Teach Emergency First Response after successful completion of an Emergency First Response Instructor course
WHAT DO I NEED TO START?
- PADI Divemaster rating or qualifying certification from another certification organization
- At least 18 years old
- Have 60 logged dives, including night, deep, and navigation dives
- Have been a certified diver for at least 6 months
- EFR (First Aid and Secondary Care within 24 months) Read about the EFR Course here
- Signed Medical Certification Statement (download here)
WHAT WILL I DO?
- Knowledge development through self-study, quizzes, lectures and presentations
- Confined water skill review and assessment, workshops and presentations
- Open water workshops, rescue assessment and presentations
HOW LONG WILL IT TAKE?
The course can vary from as little as three days to more than two weeks depending on candidate’s time commitment and preparedness.
WHAT DOES THE COURSE FEE INCLUDE?
- Tuition fee
- Air Fills
- Tank & Weight Belt use
- Pool Fees
- Professional tuition
- Counseling and career advice.
- Ocean Adventures Dive Club membership
WHAT MATERIALS ARE NEEDED?
- PADI Instructor Manual
- Instructor Candidate Workbook
- Open Water Lesson Planning Slate
- Confined Water Lesson Preparation Slate
- Open Water Aquatic Cue Cards
- Confined Water Aquatic Cue Cards
- The Law and the Diving Professional
- The Business of Diving
- The Best of The Undersea Journal
- Log Book
- Peak Performance Bouyancy Specialty Instructor Specialty Instructor Outline
- Project AWARE Specialty Program Instructor Outline
- Aware Coral Reef Conservation Specialty Instructor Outline
- Open Water Diver Manual
- Recreational Dive Planner, The Wheel and table, and Instructions for Use Booklets
- Open Water Diver Quizzes and Exam booklet
- Adventures in Diving Manual
- Rescue Diver Manual
- Rescue Diver Final Exams Booklet
- Divemaster Manual
- Divemaster Final Exams Booklet
WHERE CAN I GO FROM HERE?
The role of the scuba instructor is vitally important – instructors are ambassadors, delivering enlightened and innovative scuba instruction to those wishing to learn to dive. People put their trust in you and you teach them to breathe underwater for the first time!
By qualifying as an DAN Instructor, you will be able to teach the O2 Provider, the Dive Emergency Management Provider and other DAN Programs.