Come discover another world! Learn how to become weightless as you glide through kelp forests and explore local marine life.Book online now!
Want to learn SCUBA for FREE? Ask about FREE Scuba certification with total equipment purchase!
If you have always wanted to take scuba lessons, experience unparalleled adventure and see the world beneath the waves, this is where it starts. Now is the time to dive into the PADI Open Water Diver course, the most popular and widely recognized dive program in the world! When you learn to scuba dive, you are opening yourself up to a life changing experience. Your PADI Open Water Certification is the first step.
All of our Open Water courses include PADI eLearning at no extra fee! This makes getting your Open Water Diver certification even easier. You will complete the self study Knowledge Development part of the course online at your leisure before your first day of training. This means that you get to spend more time in the water! Our knowledgeable and experienced instructors will guide you through your course and equipment orientation and then take you into our heated pool to practice skills and have fun. We then hop aboard one of our friendly and comfortable dive boats to begin your Ocean Adventure.
WHAT DOES IT TAKE TO BECOME A CERTIFIED DIVER?
Typically, a course consists of three to four days of training. PADI programs are performance based. So you proceed as fast as you demonstrate mastery of each skill. This allows you to work at a pace that is comfortable for you. We at OADC, strive to make sure all of our students swim away feeling comfortable and confident as divers.
We offer group, semi private and private classes to accommodate everyone. Open Water classes are conducted on a regular basis, typically over two consecutive weekends. All of our group Open Water courses are all inclusive-meaning absolutely NO hidden fees! Each Open Water course includes PADI eLearning which allows you to complete the self study Knowledge Development part of the course online at your leisure before your first day of training. This means that you get to spend more time in the water!
- Day One: Course and equipment orientation. Meet your fellow classmates and instructor, and do a quick review of the eLearning. Then off to the pool to begin your in water training.
- Day Two: Finish up your pool training, plan a mini-dive and master the skills you need to go to the ocean.
- Day Three and Four: 2-3 Ocean Dives per day. Get ready to be dazzled by the beauty that lies under the surface of the Pacific Ocean. Either hop aboard one of our friendly locally chartered dive boats to Catalina or Anacapa Islands. Or walk into the water from one of our local SoCal beaches. All included in the course!
WHAT DOES THE COURSE FEE INCLUDE?
- Tuition (including eLearning Fee)
- Boat (Private and Semi-Private training exempt)
- Study materials (eLearning code plus computer simulator card and log book)
- Lifetime “PADI Open Water Scuba Diver” certification card
- Rental of primary scuba gear (wet suit, regulator, BCD, weights & tank)
- Ocean Adventures Dive Club membership.
Students are required to purchase their own personal equipment: mask, snorkel, fins, boots, gloves and a dive bag. Ask us about our OADC student discount!
We are proud to bring some of the finest scuba dive gear brands from all over the world to our customers in Los Angeles, California. We are an authorized dealer of most scuba dive gear manufacturers, each sharing our philosophy of offering quality products at an outstanding value.
HOW DO I START?
Virtually anyone who is older than 10-years-old and in good health, reasonably fit, and comfortable in the water can earn a PADI Open Water Diver certification.
WOULD LOVE TO DIVE IN CALIFORNIA BUT FIND THE WATERS TOO COLD?
California offers some of the most spectacular recreational diving in the world. Southern California is blessed with a chain of local islands known as the Channel Islands which offer a world-class kelp diving experience.
The not-so-tropical water temperature should not stop you from diving our beautiful and unique Pacific Ocean!
Ocean Adventures offers rental dry suits for training. Getting cold while diving does not have to be a necessary part of your adventure! Just replace your wetsuit with a dry suit for your Open Water Diver Class! It is the ultimate way of diving in California, especially during the winter.
CAN I TAKE MY PADI SCUBA CERTIFICATION ONLINE? YES!
Take Your PADI Scuba Certification Online! Complete the classroom portion of the PADI Open Water course at your own pace, anytime, anywhere.
WHERE CAN I GO FROM HERE?
After completing the PADI Open Water Scuba Diver program, you’ll want to continue your dive education. The PADI Advanced Open Water Diver certification is your next logical step. To begin your adventure, come by or call Ocean Adventures and ask about the variety of programs available today or Read about the PADI Advanced Open Water Diver Course here
STILL HAVE QUESTIONS OR NEED A LITTLE HELP?
To sign up for the PADI Open Water Course or if you have any questions, please call Ocean Adventures at 310.578.9391. Our instructors will be happy to clarify any questions you have!
Private Training: $875 + Dive Boat Fee*
Our executive option. One-on-one, personalized training at your home, office or at our dive center. It is all up to you! Complete this course in as little as three days. Can’t do three consecutive days? No problem, we can customize the course to accommodate your busy schedule! Private training is perfect for anyone with a busy schedule or just want more one on one attention and go at your own pace (faster or slower).
* $875 plus dive boat fees for you and your instructor
* The dive boat fee varies on the boat used, averaging $140 per day
Group Boat Diving Class: $659
The most common way to get certified. You complete your training with a few other people on pre-set dates. (Scroll down to see our Scheduled Classes) Open water dives are conducted from boats and/or Catalina Dive Park.
California Diving Group Class: $559
The best of both worlds. It will prepare you for real California Diving. One day boat diving and one day beach diving. You complete your training with a few other people on pre-set dates.
Beach Diving Group Class: $459
Our most economic option. You complete your training with a few other people on pre-set dates. Open water dives are conducted at local beaches weather permitting.
Please Note: Beach Diving is Weather and Skill Permitting. If the weather forecast indicates big waves or the Student’s Skills are not determined sufficient enough for surf entry – Beach Diving will be replaced with Catalina Island or Boat Diving in the Instructor’s discretion ($140 per day extra).
Book online now!
COURSE ADDITIONS AVAILABLE
ADD A DRY SUIT PACKAGE TO THIS COURSE: $100
2 Extra Dives, Dry Suit Rental & Certification Card: $275 SUPER SAVINGS
- Two Extra Dives
- Dry Suit Rental for your class
- Training Materials & Certification Card
TOTAL COST: $275
This is a $185 SUPER Savings!
(Normally the Dry Suit Diver Class costs $235, plus Dry Suit Rental $100 & boat fee of $140 for a total of $475)
Semi-private Training: $605 + Dive Boat Fees
Complete the pool sessions at your or our pool, the academics at your or our office at anytime convenient for you and the open water dives are concerned, you can join an existing group of Open Water students and complete your training while diving with other enthusiastic divers and share the adventure and fun.
* $605 plus dive boat fees for you and your instructor
* The dive boat fee varies on the boat used, averaging $140 per day
Referral to Another PADI Facility: $405
For those, who wish to dive in warm water rather than in California. You can complete the Academic and Pool Sessions here in one day! Then finish your ocean dives anywhere you plan on going. We will help you to locate a PADI facility at your dive destination where you can complete your training and gain the Open Water Diver Certificate.
* $405 (The training takes only one day privately for. Includes all training materials & primary rental equipment.)
Executive Platinum Training with Catalina Weekend and Gear Package: $2850
This is the option for those used to “Executive Platinum” treatment. Complete the pool sessions at your pool or ours and the academics online in your own time.
For the Ocean Dives, we arrive to Catalina (select departure time based on your schedule) and complete your 4-6 open water dives during the weekend (midweek option also available).
TOTAL COST: $2850
- 1 night stay on Catalina Island in a nice centrally located hotel
- Ferry tickets provided to and from Catalina with Commodore Lounge Upgrade
- Training Materials (Open Water eLearning & log book)
- Certification Card issued by PADI (valid everywhere in the world, never expires)
- Snorkeling Equipment: Great Quality Mask, Fins, Snorkel, Boots and Gloves Package
- Rental Equipment for the Training: Regulator, BCD, Tank, Weights, Wet Suit, Bag
- Personalized Training by our Professional Instructors
- Optional Sunset Snorkeling Excursion with Champagne at the end
- Skin Diving & Snorkeling Training